City Family Day activities include skating and fitness
Looking for fun opportunities for Family Day? Plan to make art, swim, skate (free at the INVISTA Centre) and get fit together at a City facility.
Kingston Transit reminds families that kids 14 and under ride FREE every day. Plan your family bus trip with Google Transit.
Here is the City of Kingston’s activity, program and service schedule for Family Day, Monday, Feb. 19.
Family Day Activities
Have active Family Day fun at:
- The Tett Centre, 370 King St. W.
- Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, 382 Bagot St.
- INVISTA Centre, 1350 Gardiners Rd.
The Tett Centre is having a Family Day open house from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Enjoy a variety of hands-on, interactive art experiences, music, and performances throughout the building. All activities are by donation and some require pre-registration. Visit The Tett Centre for more information.
Unless otherwise indicated, drop-in fees apply. Grade 5s and 9s and skate for FREE with their ActivPass. Go to www.KingstonGetsActive.ca.
Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
In the pool:
– 10:30 – 11:25 a.m. – Family Aqua Fit (10 years+)
– 10:30 – 11:25 a.m. – Parent and Tot Swim
– 11:30 a.m. – 1:25 p.m. – Lane & Family Swim
– 1:30 – 3:25 p.m. – Leisure Swim
– 3:30 – 4:25 p.m. – Parent and Tot Swim
– 3:30 – 4:25 p.m. – Swim Sports
– 5 – 6:25 p.m. – Lane and Family Swim
– 6:30 – 7:25 p.m. – Family Aqua fit (10 years+)
– 6:30 – 7:25 p.m. – Toonie Family Open Gym & Swim
In the gym:
– 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.– Family Open Gym
– 12:15 – 1 p.m. – Family Quick Fit 4 Lunch
– 1:15 – 3 p.m. – Family Pickleball
– 3 – 5 p.m. – Family Open Gym
– 5:15 – 6 p.m. – Family Fitness @ 5
– 6 – 7:30 p.m. – Toonie Family Open gym & Swim
At the rink:
– 8:30 – 10:20 a.m. – Senior/Adult Skating
– 10 – 10:50 a.m. – Pick-up Sledge Hockey (bring your Sledge)
– 10:30 – 11:50 a.m. – Parent & Tot Skating/Stick & Puck (half ice)
– 1 – 2:45 p.m. – FREE public skating sponsored by Kingston Transit at the Kingston Transit Rink. Hot chocolate and snacks will be served!
In the fitness studio:
– 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. – Family Cardio Tone
– 5 – 6:20 p.m. – Cycle Fit PLUS (15+yrs)
– 6 – 6:45 p.m. – Family Tabata & Core
Work out at a City fitness centre:
Drop in to the INVISTA Fitness & Wellness Centre (6 a.m. to 7 p.m.) or the Artillery Park Aquatic Centre (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.).
– Fitness members at the INVISTA Fitness & Wellness Centre can bring a friend for FREE on Family Day (call 613-546-4291, ext. 1891 for details)
– Grade 5 & 9 ActivPass holders enjoy FREE skates, swims and open gym. Grade 9 ActivPass holders also enjoy FREE Fit Zone access all day at the INVISTA Centre.
Municipal holiday schedule
The Family Day holiday will create some schedule changes to municipal services:
* Green Bin, garbage and recycling: No collection on Monday. Collection occurs the day after your regular pick-up day this week. Sign-up at www.CityofKingston.ca/collecti
* Kingston Transit: Bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday. Route 18 will run on a weekday schedule.
* Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service on Monday. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
* Administrative offices, including housing and social services on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences: Closed Monday.
* Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call Utilities Kingston/Kingston Hydro’s 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. (Hydro One electricity customers in City west and east can call 1-800-434-1235. Union Gas customers can call 1-877-969-0999). Remember: off-peak pricing applies to electricity used on weekends and holidays including Family Day.
* Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed.
* INVISTA Centre/Arenas: Open.
* INVISTA Fitness & Wellness Centre: Open limited hours – 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
* Artillery Park Aquatic Centre: Open limited hours – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
* Libraries: All branches of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library will be closed on Sunday and Monday.
* Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed. Tickets for all shows can be purchased online 24 hours a day at www.kingstongrand.ca.
About the City of Kingston
Kingston’s vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston’s high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
Media contact: For more information call the communications and customer experience department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.